The Mosaic II CCD Imager
on the CTIO Blanco 4m
CTIO Support Scientists:
Andrea Kunder, Alistair Walker, Chris Smith, Tim Abbott
Primary contact: Andrea Kunder,
The CTIO Mosaic II CCD imager is a near clone of the Mosaic I in use
on the KPNO Mayall 4-m and 0.9-m telescopes and replaces the BTC
camera previously used at prime focus on the V. M. Blanco 4-m
Mosaic II will be retired in 2011 when
it will be replaced by The Dark
Energy Camera (DECam).
DOCUMENTATION FOR USERS:
- A COOKBOOK for new users
- The CTIO version of the MOSAIC
(postscript version, ~700 kBytes).
- You may find the KPNO Mosaic
I homepage helpful (Note that although
the two cameras were intended to be direct copies of each other, this
manual is specific to the KPNO Mosaic I, and may contain information
which does NOT apply to the CTIO Mosaic II. CTIO Mosaic II is not
available at any telescope besides the 4-m prime focus, and is
the only optical imager scheduled at that telescope.)
- A few Frequently asked questions.
- MOSOCS, an exposure sequencer for Mosaic II.
available for Mosaic II (with focus offsets).
- Exposure Time Calculator (ETC)
- Notes regarding the atmospheric dispersion corrector (ADC).
- Please don't forget to fill out the Blanco 4-m End of Night and End of Run Report.
CALIBRATION DATA FOR MOSAIC REDUCTIONS:
16 Channel Mode:
8 Channel Mode:
Previous calibrations and information on Mosaic II.
KNOWN PROBLEM AREAS:
CTIO Mosaic Support Pages (internal use only)
Last updated: 05 April 2010
- Staff Contacts:
- Alistair Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Smith: email@example.com
Knut Olsen: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tim Abbott: email@example.com
Andrea Kunder: firstname.lastname@example.org