CTIO 4m Telescope
Maximum recommended above pole positions
- To the south, the telescope cannot go closer than to within one degree of the pole in normal operation. That is, the TCS blocks any attempt to go to -89d00m00s or further south.
- To the north, the telescope cannot go to any declination of +39d00m00s or further north.
- Note that pointing to declination -88d59m59s is not recommended due to the risk of the mount crossing -89d while tracking due to small perturbations.
- Similarly, it is not recommended to point to a declination of +33d59m59s.
- Detailed information may be found here.